UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.- Penn State men’s soccer team hosts Michigan on Sunday, Oct. 22 for Senior Day. The two senior co-captains, Femi Awodesu and Peter Mangione, will be honored after the match set to kick off at 4 p.m. at Jeffrey Field.
This will be the Nittany Lions’, 7-3-3 overall, 3-2-1 Big Ten, final home conference contest of the regular season.
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 22, 2023 | Time: 4 p.m. ET
- Location: University Park, Pa. | Venue: Jeffrey Field
- Live Stats | Watch: B1G+ | Notes
- Admission: Free
LAST TIME OUT
- Penn State fell to Rutgers on Tuesday 2-1.
- Peter Mangione scored his seventh goal of the season to tie for the conference lead in goals.
- The Nittany Lions tallied a season-high 19 shots against the Scarlet Knights.
NITTANY LIONS IN THE RANKS
- Penn State is in a four-way tie for first place in the Big Ten with ten points. The Nittany Lions rank second in the conference in goals (21).
- Peter Mangione’s seven goals place him tied for first in the conference. His four game-winning goals are tied for first in the Big Ten and tied for fifth nationally.
- Kris Shakes ranks 18th in the nation in save percentage (.796). He also places second in the B1G in save percentage and saves (43). Shakes’ five shutouts are good for third in the conference.
SCOUTING THE WOLVERINES
- Michigan is struggling to find wins so far in 2023 with an overall record of 2-4-7 and conference record of 1-0-5.
- The Wolverines place tied for fifth in the Big Ten standings at eight points, two points behind Penn State and three other teams tied for first place.
- Michigan’s lone conference victory came against Rutgers in a 3-2 decision.
- Midfielder Bryce Blevins and forward Alex Waggoner lead the team with three goals apiece. Blevins has tallied two assists as well.
- Defender Nolan Miller has anchored the Wolverines’ back line, playing 1,165 of 1,170 possible minutes.
PENN STATE –MICHIGAN SERIES
- The Nittany Lions lead the all-time series with a record of 15-11-4.
- Penn State claimed a 3-2 victory in Ann Arbor in the most recent match up, marking four consecutive wins.
- The last match at Jeffrey Field was the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament in 2021 when the Nittany Lions blanked the Wolverines 2-0 to go on to the Big Ten Tournament Championship.
Parking for all Penn State Athletics’ non-football events will require a valid permit or payment of the applicable parking fee for campus lots. Fans with valid Penn State University Park parking permits will be permitted to park at non-football athletics events for free, following Transportation Services parking policies and access.
Spectators can park in Stadium West parking lot for Penn State men’s soccer games. Visitors can prepay for parking at a rate of $5.50/game through ParkMobile. The day-of-event rate will be $10/game. Prepayment is required by 11:59pm the night before the event to receive a discounted rate ($5.50/game).