Are you frustrated with acne marks on your skin and wish to get rid of them sooner? Know how actress Ananya Panday can come to your rescue with her special face mask made with three ingredients that can soothe and treat acne spots.
Updated Sep 13, 2023 | 12:00 AM IST
Ananya Panday’s homemade face pack for acne-prone skin. Pic Credit: Instagram
In an interview, the Dream Girl 2 actress talked about her mother’s face pack and even shared its recipe. Now that you know what the ingredients are, you should also know the reason behind applying these ingredients on your face and how they help get rid of skin irritation and acne marks.
Yoghurt, turmeric and honey are infused with healing properties that beautifies your skin. Pic Credit: Vecteezy
Benefits of applying Ananya’s Yoghurt-Turmeric-Honey face mask for acne-prone skin:
1) Turmeric, often known as “The Golden Spice,” is praised for its wealth of health advantages, particularly for the skin. Due to its potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics, it is a fantastic treatment for pimples and acne. Its main ingredient, curcumin, inhibits acne-causing germs and lessens inflammation, creating cleaner, smoother skin.
2) Yoghurt contains lactic acid, a natural alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that gently exfoliates the skin, promotes cell turnover and avoids closed pores. Its probiotics also assist in maintaining a healthy skin barrier, which lowers the chance of acne. Yoghurt is a great option for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin because of its moisturising and soothing characteristics, which can soothe irritated skin.
3) Honey is a natural humectant since it draws in and holds onto moisture, thereby hydrating your skin. It effectively combats the microorganisms that cause acne thanks to its antibacterial characteristics, and its antioxidants support the skin’s natural healing process. Honey’s capacity to lessen inflammation and redness can also help to create a skin tone that is more even.
How to make a Yoghurt-Turmeric-Honey face mask for acne-prone skin?
To make this face pack, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt (preferably Greek yoghurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey (preferably raw and unprocessed)
- To start, use a gentle cleanser to wash off any makeup, grime, or pollutants from your face.
- Mix the yoghurt, honey, and turmeric powder in a fresh bowl thoroughly until it forms a uniform and smooth paste.
- Avoid touching your eyes while you evenly apply the mask to your face and neck.
- Leave the mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently rub your skin in a circular motion while rinsing the mask off with warm water. Dry off your face using a fresh towel.
- Apply your preferred moisturiser to seal in the moisture.
Apply this mask frequently to get rid of acne marks. Pic Credit: Vecteezy
This face mask is a simple natural treatment that you may include in your skincare regimen. With continued use, you can experience less acne, more even skin tone, and a beautiful complexion. Do a patch test if you have sensitive skin or allergies because individual skin types can differ.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Let us know @TimesNow!